As well as Emily and Dora from the Tinder Foundation, Steve and Alan from Carer Support Wiltshire and several learners who are also carers attended this special session.
We are looking forward to next Tuesday 19th May when Dora and Emily will be visiting us to find out what we are doing to help learners, especially carers. If you have attended any sessions with us in the past, or would be interested in attending in the future, then please do come along between 10.30 and 12.00. Free entry, refreshments provided!
Getting online can help carers:
- Save time and money by completing transactions digitally.
- Combat isolation by staying in touch with friends and family.
- Seek health information more easily.
- Connect with other carers online.
- Share their new skills with the person they care for.
Nearly 9 in 10 carers find it difficult to leave their home because of their caring role.
42% of carers who are online say that the internet helps to reduce their feelings of isolation.
7 in 10 carers say using the internet saves time.